Published | Category : Source deductions and contributions
QPIP Maximums, Threshold and Rates for 2019
The Québec parental insurance plan (QPIP) maximums, threshold and rates for 2019 are as follows:
- The maximum insurable earnings have been increased from $74,000 to $76,500.
- The qualifying threshold remains $2,000.
- The employee premium rate has been decreased from 0.548% to 0.526%.
- The employer premium rate has been decreased from 0.767% to 0.736%.
- The maximum employee premium has been decreased from $405.52 to $402.39.
- The maximum employer premium has been decreased from $567.58 to $563.04 per employee.
- The premium rate for self-employed persons and persons responsible for a family-type resource or an intermediate resource has been decreased from 0.973% to 0.934%.
- The maximum premium for a self-employed person or a person responsible for a family-type resource or an intermediate resource has been decreased from $720.02 to $714.51.