Published | Category : Source deductions and contributions
Limits and Rates Related to the QPIP for 2016
The limits and rates related to the Québec parental insurance plan (QPIP) for 2016 are as follows:
- The maximum insurable earnings have been increased from $70,000 to $71,500.
- The qualifying threshold remains $2,000.
- The employee contribution rate has been decreased from 0.559% to 0.548%.
- The employer contribution rate has been decreased from 0.782% to 0.767%.
- The maximum employee contribution has been increased from $391.30 to $391.82.
- The maximum employer contribution has been increased from $547.40 per employee to $548.41 per employee.
- The contribution rate for self-employed persons and persons responsible for a family-type resource or an intermediate resource has been decreased from 0.993% to 0.973%.
- The maximum contribution for a self-employed person or a person responsible for a family-type resource or an intermediate resource has been increased from $695.10 to $695.70.