Published | Category : Other
New Relief Measures for Individuals and Businesses
Québec City, March 27, 2020 – Following an announcement by the Minister of Finance earlier today, Revenu Québec will apply new relief measures for individuals and businesses to help them deal with the uncertainty surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic.
The measures are as follows:
- The deadline for taking administrative action (appeals, objections, etc.) has been extended to June 1, 2020.
- The deadline for filing corporate income tax returns due by May 31, 2020, has also been extended to June 1, 2020.
- We will process business tax credit applications and consumption tax rebate applications faster.
- We will provide families that receive advance payments of the tax credit for childcare expenses with information that will help them avoid receiving overpayments that they would otherwise have to reimburse in the future.
- The deadlines to renew advance payments of the tax credit for home-support services for seniors have been extended by four months. Current payments will continue until the renewal deadline.
- The deadline to renew payments under the shelter allowance program has been extended to December 1, 2020. Current payments will continue until the renewal deadline.
We wish to emphasize that social programs and related payments will continue. For example, the next payment of the tax credit for home-support services for seniors will be made as planned on March 31, and the shelter allowance will be paid as planned on April 1.
See our website for all new and previously announced measures.
In addition, to ensure people receive the amounts they're entitled to as fast as possible, Revenu Québec is prioritizing income tax returns involving a refund. Since February 24, Revenu Québec has refunded nearly $800 million to individuals that filed their income tax returns.