Not to be missed: a conference on the fight against tax evasion
Revenu Québec is organizing a unique event, to run from June 2 to 4, 2010. The Conference on the Fight against Tax Evasion will be held at Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth hotel in Montreal. Tax experts, accountants, researchers and professors are invited to attend.
The conference will present new approaches developed by proactive governments, as well as best practices recommended by top researchers in the field. The current economic and financial context is forcing governments to find innovative, sustainable approaches to ensure that all taxpayers contribute to the funding of public services, and that economic activities are conducted under fair and transparent conditions.
The following international experts will be presenting these new approaches:
- From Australia, Mr. Bill Powell, Assistant Commissioner. Through his Change Program, Mr. Powell has revolutionized the relationship between Australians and their government as regards taxation.
- From Singapore, Mr. Wilson Ong, Assistant Commissioner for Compliance, Strategy and Risk. Mr. Ong is a leader in the development of innovative tax compliance strategies.
- From the United States, Mr. Richard T. Ainsworth, Director of Government Affairs at ADP Taxware Inc. Mr. Ainsworth is an international expert on technological solutions aimed at combating tax evasion.
- From Canada, Mr. Daniel Lacelle, Senior Partner at Gowling Lafleur Henderson and Leader of the Tax Law Group in Montreal. Mr. Lacelle is an expert in corporate and transactional taxation.
- From Canada, Mr. Luc Monty, Assistant Deputy Minister, Fiscal Policy and Economics, Quebec Finance Department.
For more information and to register, visit the conference website.