You can file your income tax return online starting February 20
NetFile Québec will go online on February 20 so that you can file your 2022 income tax return completed using authorized software.
Online filing is the easiest option and the one that the vast majority of people use to meet their obligations and get their tax credits and refunds. It's always best to file your return early in tax season, which runs this year until May 1, 2023.
To help you prepare for this important period, Revenu Québec recommends that you:
- start gathering all required information and documents, such as RL slips, your notice of assessment for the previous year and your supporting documents for medical expenses, tuition fees or charitable donations;
- see what's new for 2022 and how the changes affect:
- the senior assistance tax credit
- the tax credit for home-support services for seniors
- the tax credit for childcare expenses
- the home buyers' tax credit
- log in to My Account for individuals to view your tax file and use an array of helpful online services whenever you want;
- check out fairforall.ca to get tips and answers to your main income tax-related questions (Tax Return 101 is especially useful).
You can also file your return on paper using a single package that includes the income tax return, guide and forms (see our press release).