Unclaimed Financial Assets: New Obligations for Holders as of April 1, 2023
If you hold more than ten unclaimed financial assets that you must remit to us under the Unclaimed Property Act, you must use the new online services beginning on April 1, 2023.
- Remit property online
- Remit unclaimed property using an XML file
- Make remittance-related payments
These services are now available in My Account for businesses.
Benefits for you
These easy-to-use services:
- Enhance data transfer and security
- Are available whenever you need them
- Speed up information transfer and save time
- Allow online payment
- Reduce processing times
- Save paper
Using the new services
You must be registered for clicSÉQUR – Entreprises, the Québec government's authentication service.
- Go to the Entreprises Québec page of the Québec government website.
- Under Outils, select clicSÉQUR pour les entreprises.
- Select Comment inscrire une entreprise à clicSÉQUR?
Help is available
See the Remitting Unclaimed Property page on our website for a guide on how to remit property using an XML file.
For more information on the new online services and new remittance procedures, see the Holders of Unclaimed Financial Assets page.