RQConf_PartnerLoginUrl RQConf_CheckUrl

The Charter of the French language and its regulations govern the consultation of English-language content.


Advance Payments of the Tax Credit for Childcare Expenses

It's a big change when your kids start school. Make sure to update your file.

Is your child leaving daycare soon and starting school this fall?

Make sure you provided the correct number of days of care for the current year. Otherwise, you'll have to repay any overpayments you received. If you need to make changes to your file or stop your advance payments, notify us as quickly as possible using the online service for modifying advance payments of the tax credit for childcare expenses in My Account for individuals.

You need to accurately estimate the number of days your child will attend daycare. For example, if your child attended an unsubsidized daycare on a full-time basis during the year and starts school in the same year, they were at daycare for around 170 days. You can ask the daycare provider for the exact number of days.

For more information on the tax credit eligibility requirements and which changes in situation can affect the amount of your payments, see Changes During the Year under Tax Credit for Childcare Expenses.

Note End of note
Veuillez patienter