Important Documents Could Be Waiting for You in My Account
Need information about your file or a document for your taxes? Log in to My Account for individuals to view important documents such as:
- notices for the following tax credits:
- the new one-time cost of living credit
- the solidarity tax credit
- the tax credit for childcare expenses
- the tax credit for home-support services for seniors
- tax slips you need to file your 2021 income tax return
What is the one-time cost of living credit?
The new refundable one-time cost of living credit provides financial support to help taxpayers deal with the negative impacts of the increase in the cost of living. It takes the form of a one-time lump-sum payment of:
- $200 per eligible individual
- $275 for an eligible individual living alone
- $400 if you and your spouse are both eligible individuals (the credit will be paid to the person receiving the solidarity tax credit payments)
To be eligible for the new credit, you must have been eligible for the solidarity tax credit for the July 2021 to June 2022 payment period. Your eligibility for the solidarity tax credit, as well as the amount of the new cost of living credit, is based on your situation on December 31, 2020.
If you were eligible, you received the credit by cheque or direct deposit between January 24 and February 4, 2022. If you received it by direct deposit, you got a notice in My Account for individuals between January 26 and February 4.
Log in to My Account. It's easy!
Did you know that you can log in to My Account for individuals using your online banking sign-in information? Once you're logged in, you can use our online services to sign up for direct deposit and more. You should also make sure you:
- enter your personal email address in your profile so that we can notify you whenever there is a new message in your inbox
- agree to receive solidarity tax credit notices electronically in My Account