Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Click Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) to see whether the measures adopted by Revenu Québec apply to the information on this page.


Duncan could get up to $998 this year. How about you?

The solidarity tax credit—made to measure!

Did you know that a house you own can also be considered an eligible dwelling?

If, like Duncan, you are over 18 and you lived alone throughout the year, you may be eligible for the solidarity tax credit. To find out, see the full list of  eligibility requirements. You can also use our payment estimator to estimate the payments you could receive. 

Note that, even if you meet all the requirements, the amount of your credit may be reduced on the basis of your family income.

Additional amount for a person living alone

You may be entitled to this amount if you lived alone throughout the year. You are considered to have lived alone if you shared your home with children under 18.

You are not eligible for this amount if, for example:

  • You lived with a roommate during the year.
  • You lived with your spouse for part of the year.
  • You lived with both of your children on December 31, and one of them turned 18 during the year.

Renting an eligible dwelling?

Landlords must issue RL-31 slips to all their tenants and subtenants. You will need the slip to claim the solidary tax credit.

Claiming the solidarity tax credit?

To make sure you get the full amount you're entitled to, complete Schedule D when you file your income tax return. Watch this video for help.


You must be registered for direct deposit to receive the solidarity tax credit. It's also important that you inform us of any changes to your banking information.

Fair. For all.

One vision. Concrete actions.

Read all about how we work to support and inform you. Our vision and values guide us as we carry out our role.

Veuillez patienter