Make Your Life Easier with Our Register a New Business Online Service
When starting a new business, individuals in business and ex officio representatives of business corporations can now use our new Register a New Business online service. It is a secure and easy way to register a business for all Revenu Québec files, including:
- corporation income tax;
- source deductions;
- the goods and services tax (GST); and
- the Québec sales tax (QST).
The service draws information from the Registraire des entreprises automatically and offers the possibility of attaching documents. This simplifies the registration process. Upon completing the registration, you can opt to go to clicSÉQUR – Businesses, the Québec government's authentication service, where you will find various fields already completed with data you provided during your registration. More functions will be added to the service over the coming months.
What you will need
To avoid wasting time when registering the business with Revenu Québec, we suggest that you have the following information on hand:
- the number of your own most recent notice of assessment;
- your social insurance number (SIN);
- the business's Québec enterprise number (NEQ), if the business is registered in the enterprise register;
- the Business Number (BN) assigned to the business by the Canada Revenue Agency, if applicable;
- the contact information and SIN of the business's directors, if applicable.