Certification – Developers of Sales Recording Systems
From March 1 through October 31, developers of sales recording systems (SRSs) can obtain certification from Revenu Québec for each SRS version they adapt.
Certification, which we confirm by email, is granted when an SRS meets our technical specifications and is compatible with sales recording modules (SRMs). Certification remains valid as long as the interaction between the SRS and the SRM complies with our specifications.
In addition, we will add the name and certified features of your commercial product(s) to the list of certified SRSs, which is available to all operators of restaurant establishments (bar, restaurant and catering establishments).
To certify your SRS, you must:
- be registered as a Revenu Québec partner;
- access My Account for partners to add resource people and register the version of the product that you intend to have certified;
- complete a Request for a Demo SRM (form SW-53-V) to obtain a demo SRM so that you can create a non-transactional environment;
- adapt your SRS according to the specifications given in IN-579-T, General Guide for the Adaptation of Sales Recording Systems: Restaurant Sector (courtesy translation);
- carry out test cases using the information in SW-204-V, Test Cases: Restaurant Sector (to do this, you must create a non-transactional environment using a demo SRM);
- submit your test cases in the partners testing environment;
- see the validation results in the test-case history available in My Account for partners (if your test-case results have errors, see guide SW-206-T, Compliance Testing: Restaurant Sector (courtesy translation) for further instructions);
- once your test-cases are successful, submit a request for certification using My Account, in keeping with the instructions given in guide SW-206-T;
- make adjustments to the SRS as needed to meet the requirements we set after analyzing your results.
For more information about the certification process, see guide SW-201-T, Certification Procedure: Restaurant Sector (courtesy translation).
Guide SW-106-T, General Information for Adapting Sales Recording Systems: Restaurant Sector (courtesy translation), will help you evaluate the efforts required to make your products SRM-compatible so that you can make an informed decision about whether to adapt them.
You must certify a new version of a previously certified SRS only if:
- it contains changes to its operating mode(s);
- it contains one or more new features;
- we ask for a new certification due to technical problems with the SRS.
To certify a new version, complete step 2 and then steps 4 through 9 of the process described above.