Specifications of Certified Products
We certify the specifications below for a sales recording system (SRS) developed for the Remunerated passenger transportation field of activity.
- Send SRS requests to the WEB-SRM using a remote server.
- Send SRS requests to the WEB-SRM without using a remote server.
- SRS and Server
- Used by an SRS to send requests in SRS or Server mode.
- The trip fare is determined by a Web or mobile application or another technology.
- Contract rate
- The trip fare was set out in a contract.
- A discount was applied to the bill.
- Amount paid on each trip to offset the compensation for owners of taxi permits.
- The client requested one or more extra services during the trip that incurred fees (crossing a toll bridge or cleaning the vehicle, for example).
- Hourly rate
- The number of hours if the trip fare is determined using an hourly rate.
- The trip fare was calculated based on the vehicle odometer.
- Regulated fixed price
- The trip fare is set by the Commission des transports du Québec.
- The trip fare was calculated using a taximeter.
- The client tipped the driver.
- Other mode
- The trip fare was calculated using a billing option not listed above.
Billing options – Details
You can specify the type of service for each transaction.
- Contract number
- The name or number of the contract under which service is provided.
- Date of last service
- The date of the last service rendered under a contract.
- Drive-home service
- The trip includes drive-home service.
- The trip was made using a limousine.
- Number of trips
- The number of trips included in a contract.
- Paratransit service
- The trip includes paratransit service.
- Public transit service
- The trip includes public transit service.
- Shared cost
- The trip fare was shared among multiple clients.
The SRS must have the mandatory features listed below.
- Batch transmission
- Send a batch of transactions stored in the SRS.
- Send the WEB-SRM a transaction request specifying that the transaction in progress was cancelled before it was completed.
- Change payment method
- Select a new payment method to replace an existing bill.
- Closing receipt
- Produce a receipt for a sale after the client paid the amount due.
- Credit note
- Show on a receipt that the client received a credit note.
- Produce a copy of a bill for the operator.
- Failure to pay
- Create a transaction showing that the client did not pay for the trip.
- Modify a temporary bill
- Modify an existing temporary bill. “Facture révisée” (modified bill) and “Remplace N facture” (replaces N bill) will appear on the bill receipt.
- QR code
- Revenu Québec uses this to verify that QR code content is valid when scanned.
- Reproduce the copy of a bill for a client after the original bill was issued.
- SRS certificates
- Add, replace or delete digital certificates.
- Temporary bill
- Produce a temporary bill telling clients how much they must pay.
- Training mode
- Familiarize users with the SRS.
- User accounts
- Validate user information and inform Revenu Québec that a user account was created or deleted.
- User report
- Generate a report identifying the driver and operator. The report must contain the information on the last bill produced and a sales summary.
Some SRSs must have the additional features listed below.
- A mandatory feature if the SRS allows the user to give clients documents showing the estimated cost of services. This feature is optional if the SRS offers only the Application billing mode.
- Server certificates
- Obtain, replace or delete a digital certificate for a centralized remote server.
- Shared cost
- The trip fare was shared among several clients.
- Other transaction
- A type of transaction not mentioned in the list of features.
Some SRSs can have the optional features listed below.
- A mandatory feature if clients can pay for their trips through a website or app using their own devices (a telephone, tablet or computer, for example).
- Instalment payments
- A mandatory feature if the SRS allows clients to pay for services in instalments.
- A mandatory feature if the SRS allows the user to give clients documents showing the cost of services.
- Validation of tax numbers
- Used by a remote server to validate GST and QST registration numbers.