Non-Transactional Environment – Developers
If you are a developer of sales recording systems (SRSs) and are registered as a Revenu Québec partner, you can obtain a demo sales recording module (called a demo SRM) for use in a non-transactional environment.
The non-transactional environment allows you to do the following:
- adapt a product
- run test cases
- validate results
If you would like to use a demo SRM in a non-transactional environment, you must complete the following steps:
- Send us form SW-53-V, Request for a Demo SRM (Hardware Solution), duly completed.
- Make arrangements with Kyndryl Canada, the exclusive SRM supplier, to acquire an SRM (for an idea of the cost of acquiring an SRM and related equipment, click Acquisition of an SRM, which lists the prices Kyndryl charges installers).
- Register for clicSÉQUR – Entreprises (available in French only), if you have a place of business in Québec (once you are registered for clicSÉQUR, the Québec government's authentication service, you can use it to access the software and install it on the SRM).
- Follow the instructions in either:
- the Guide to the Demo SRM: Models AEC 6822 C3 1010 and AEC 6822 C3 1020 (IN-571-V);
- the Guide to the Demo SRM for Partners: Model AEC 6822 C3 1030 (IN-571.1.6-V).
If you need help installing the software on the SRM or registering for clicSÉQUR – Entreprises, contact our technical support centre.
Once the demo SRM is functional, it can no longer be used in a restaurant establishment (bar, restaurant or catering establishment) to produce bills or the Sommaire périodique des ventes (periodic sales summary).
The SRM is covered by a 5-year transferable warranty provided by the supplier, Kyndryl Canada. The warranty begins on the date the SRM is first activated. The warranty does not cover the work time and travel expenses charged by the installer to deactivate a defective SRM or to activate a replacement SRM.
Effective October 1, 2019, Kyndryl Canada will no longer repair first-generation SRMs that are not under warranty because a number of parts are outdated or unavailable.