WinRAS - Calculation of Source Deductions and Employer Contributions
WinRAS was updated further to the publication, on August 15, 2018, of information bulletin 2018-7, in which the Ministère des Finances announced a new plan to reduce the health services fund contribution for 2018 by:
- increasing the total payroll threshold, above which the contribution rate for small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) is reduced, from $5 million to $5.5 million; and
- reducing the contribution rate (subject to certain conditions) for employers outside the public sector whose total payroll is less than $5.5 million.
The 2018 update also takes into account the Budget Speech given on March 27, which announced that the rate of the tax credit for the acquisition of Fondaction shares after May 31, 2018, would be maintained.
Be sure to use the right version of WinRAS for the pay period.
|Versions for 2018||
|Versions for previous years|
|Purpose of the service||
You can use WinRAS to calculate the following:
|Conditions for use||
Note that WinRAS will not run on a Macintosh operating system.
- WinRAS must be used in conjunction with the Guide for Employers (TP-1015.G-V) , which contains instructions for deducting, remitting and reporting source deductions and employer contributions.
- For 2016, WinRAS was updated further to the Budget Speech delivered on March 17, 2016. You must therefore use the 2016.07 version to calculate source deductions of Québec income tax for any pay period beginning after the following dates:
- May 31, 2016, to take into account the maintenance of the rate of the tax credit for the purchase of shares issued by Fondaction;
- June 30, 2016, to take into account the reduction of the health contribution.
To use this program:
- Download the WinRAS file to your computer.
- Follow the installation instructions.