We are here to help if you are not satisfied with how your file was handled or with services you received.
This page explains the steps to follow if you would like us to intervene on your behalf.
Before you contact the Bureau de la protection des droits de la clientèle, you should discuss the issue with the Revenu Québec employee in charge of your file, with the Revenu Québec client services representative concerned, or with either person's superior.
Be sure to explain how you would like the issue to be settled; most problems can be settled at this stage.
Any time you contact Revenu Québec, be sure to keep a record of:
- the names of the people you speak to;
- the date of any calls you make or receive;
- what was discussed;
- the outcome of the conversation.
We also recommend that you keep copies of any letters or emails you send or receive.
If you are still not satisfied at this point and would like to submit a request to the Bureau de la protection des droits de la clientèle, proceed to step 2 below.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the discussions in step 1, you should contact us.
Our services are readily available and free of cost, even if someone is representing you. You can get in touch with us by phone, mail or fax, through Revenu Québec's website, or in person (by appointment).
So that we can help you as efficiently as possible, be sure to give the following information:
- your name, address and phone number (as well as those of your representative, if you have one);
- your social insurance number, user number or identification numbers (Québec enterprise number [NEQ] or tax registration numbers);
- the taxation year in question;
- a detailed description of the issue (do not leave out any details—even if they seem trivial);
- a detailed account of the steps you have already taken to settle the issue with Revenu Québec. Be sure to include the dates of any phone calls you made or received and any visits you made to Revenu Québec's offices, and the name of anyone you spoke to. Also mention any letters you sent or received;
- the outcome of the steps you have taken.
For more information, contact us.