Remunerated Passenger Transportation
To ensure healthy competition and foster tax fairness in the remunerated passenger transportation sector, we will soon be phasing in new measures making it mandatory to produce a receipt using a technological solution.
This solution will feature:
- a certified sales recording system (SRS) (or a subsequent version of a certified SRS whose use we have authorized) that collects transaction data;
- a cloud-computing environment (WEB-SRM) that stores, validates and sends us SRS data securely;
- a computer system that will integrate WEB-SRM data into our informational environment.
“Remunerated passenger transportation” means a service provided by a business carried on in Québec that consists of transporting passengers:
- by taxi, at rates set by the Act respecting transportation services by taxi;
- by motor vehicle, for an agreed price, within and in the vicinity of the territory of a municipality if the transportation is organized or coordinated through a digital platform or an electronic system.
Once this solution has been rolled out, all operators of remunerated passenger transportation businesses will have to give their clients a paper or electronic receipt for each trip made. The receipt must be produced using a certified sales recording system (SRS) or a subsequent version of a certified SRS whose use we have authorized.