The deadline for filing your income tax return for 2019 has been extended to June 1, 2020.
For individuals and individuals in business, the deadline for paying an income tax balance for 2019 has been extended to September 1, 2020.
If you are required to make instalment payments, the June 15 payment can be made as late as September 1, 2020.
Even though the income tax return filing deadline has been extended, Revenu Québec will make payments as planned on July 1.
If you expect to receive a refund, you should file your return right away to get it as soon as possible.
Yes. In accordance with the law, Revenu Québec will continue to collect support payments.
Only a court can modify the amount of support established in a judgment. If you are unable to make your support payments because your situation has changed, you must obtain a new judgment. For more information, visit the Ministère de la Justice website.
Please call client services and leave a message explaining your situation. One of our agents will call you back as soon as possible. When we call back, you will need to answer a few questions to identify yourself using information from a recent notice of assessment or from a recent letter we sent you. Please have one of those documents on hand before we call you back. Remember that your notices of assessment are available in My Account for individuals. To register for My Account or to log in, click My Account for Individuals.
Yes. In accordance with the law, Revenu Québec will continue to process support judgments.
Yes. Use My Account for individuals a few days before the payment date to see whether the payment is being prepared. To register for or access My Account, go to My Account for individuals.
You have three options:
- Reduce the number of days. You will receive smaller advance payments for the rest of the year.
- Stop the payments. When your daycare reopens, you can apply to have your advance payments resume.
- Do nothing. Your advance payments will continue unchanged, but you will have to pay back any overpayment you received when you file your income tax return in spring 2021.
Please use My account for individuals to make your changes. To register or log in, see My Account for individuals.
If you should have filed your application to renew advance payments of the tax credit for home-support services for seniors between March 17, 2020, and June 1, 2020, Revenu Québec is giving you an additional 4 months from the renewal date to file your application.
You will continue to receive your advance payments in the meantime.
However, if Revenu Québec learns that you are no longer eligible for advance payments or if you ask that payments be adjusted, Revenu Québec will take action accordingly.
No. To make things easier for you in the short- and medium-term, you have an additional two months to file your renewal application.
You now have until December 1, 2020, to file your application with Revenu Québec.
It depends on your situation:
- If you have lost your job permanently, contact Revenu Québec to have your payments stopped. If they are not, you will have to repay the overpayments to Revenu Québec when you file your 2020 income tax return.
- If you have lost your job temporarily (3 or more weeks), you have two options:
- Do nothing. Your advance payments will continue, but you will have to repay the overpayments to Revenu Québec when you file your 2020 income tax return.
- Contact Revenu Québec to have your payments stopped.
Most of our offices are closed indefinitely to help government-wide efforts to prevent the coronavirus from spreading and protect the health and safety of our clients and employees.
As of Wednesday, April 1, 2020, the following offices will be open:
- Laval (5, Place-Laval, bureau 147)
- Longueuil (825, rue Saint-Laurent Ouest)
- Montréal-Est (Village olympique, pyramide Est, bureau 4000, 5199, rue Sherbrooke Est)
- Montréal-Ouest (3300, boulevard de la Côte-Vertu, 2e étage, Saint-Laurent)
- Québec City (3800, rue de Marly, Québec)
Business hours are from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday to Friday. Note that we have indefinitely suspended all individual appointments.To protect the health and safety of our clients and employees, security personnel will be onsite to manage access and ensure that visitors comply with social distancing and infection control guidelines.
We recommend that you use our online services in My Account for individuals or My Account for businesses. If necessary, you can send us secure email or call our client services toll-free at one of the following numbers:
Individuals: 1 800 267-6299
Businesses: 1 800 567-4692
Solidarity tax credit and advance payments: 1 855 291-6467
Partnerships composed entirely of individuals that normally would be required to file the Partnership Information Return (form TP-600-V) for the fiscal period ended in 2019 by March 31, 2020, now have until May 1, 2020, to file the return.