Deduction for Scholarships, Bursaries or Similar Financial Assistance

In your income tax return, you can deduct the following amounts received during the year:

  • a scholarship, bursary or similar financial assistance (such as a fellowship), the amount of which is reported on line 154 of your income tax return
  • assistance you received for the payment of tuition fees that do not entitle you to the tax credit for tuition or examination fees on line 398 of your income tax return and that you have to include in your income
Amounts received under a registered education savings plan (RESP) do not entitle you to the deduction for scholarships, bursaries or similar financial assistance.

For more information, see the instructions for line 295 in the guide to the income tax return (TP-1.G-V).

Fair. For all.

One vision. Concrete actions.

Read all about how we work to support and inform you. Our vision and values guide us as we carry out our role.

Veuillez patienter