Requirements for Advance Payments of the Work Premium

To be entitled to receive advance payments of the work premium for the 2018 taxation year, you must meet the following requirements:

  • You must be in the labour market at the time you apply (that is, you must have income from employment, a research grant or a business you operate).
  • You must not be a full-time student (if you are a full-time student, you are not entitled to the tax credits respecting the work premium unless, at the end of the year, you are the mother or father of a child who lived with you).
  • When you apply, you must be resident in Québec and a Canadian citizen, an Indian, a permanent resident or a person on whom Canada has conferred refugee protection.
  • You must not be incarcerated.
  • You must be 18 or older on the first day of the month in which you filed your application or, if you are under 18, no one must be entitled to receive the child assistance payment with regard to you for the current year.
  • You must, by your estimate, be entitled for the year to a work premium of more than $500 if you designated a child as your dependant or more than $300 if you did not designate a child as your dependant.
  • You must agree to receive the payments by direct deposit.

If you and your spouse both believe you are entitled to claim the work premium for the year, only one of you can apply for advance payments for both of you.


Note that we may reject your application for advance payments, cease to make advance payments or suspend such payments if you have not filed your income tax return for a previous year for which you or your spouse received advance payments, or if information or documents brought to our attention justify such actions.

Fair. For all.

One vision. Concrete actions.

Read all about how we work to support and inform you. Our vision and values guide us as we carry out our role.

Veuillez patienter