Deduction for Amounts Transferred to an RPP, an RRSP, a RRIF, a PRPP/VRSP or an Annuity

You can deduct the amounts that you transferred during the year or during the first 60 days of the following year to a registered pension plan (RPP), a registered retirement savings plan (RRSP), a registered retirement income fund (RRIF) or a pooled registered pension plan (PRPP), including a voluntary retirement savings plan (VRSP), or that you used to purchase an annuity.

Go to the Government of Canada website for more information on the amounts you can transfer to your RRSPs and related plans.


In the federal income tax return, the term “pooled registered pension plan” refers to both PRPPs and VRSPs.

For more information, see point 4 in the instructions for line 250 in the guide to the income tax return (TP-1.G-V).

Fair. For all.

One vision. Concrete actions.

Read all about how we work to support and inform you. Our vision and values guide us as we carry out our role.

Veuillez patienter