Income Tax Instalments - Seniors
You may be required to pay your income tax in instalments in the following situations:
- The income tax payable on some of your income is not deducted at source.
- The amounts withheld do not cover the income tax payable.
Instalment payments must be paid to us four times a year: March 15, June 15, September 15 and December 15.
Instalment payments are partial inome tax remittances for the current year, and, where applicable, partial remittances of:
- your Québec Pension Plan contribution
- your contribution to the health services fund
- your premium under the Québec public prescription drug insurance plan
- your Québec parental insurance plan premium
By making instalment payments, you reduce the amount you may have to pay when you file your income tax return.
To determine if you have to make instalment payments, we will make calculations based on your income. Note that these calculations do not include the transfer of retirement income between spouses.
We will contact you in writing if you are required to make instalment payments to us.
Making instalment payments
You can make your instalment payments quickly on your financial institution's website by using My Account or accessing it directly.
To order remittance slips to make instalment payments in person at your financial institution or at one of its ATMs, or by mail, go to My Account.
Instalment payment information
You can use the services in My Account for individuals for viewing statements of account, consulting tax data or viewing instalment payment information to see the following information:
- the amounts of the instalment payments you have made for the current year;
- the proposed amounts of the instalment payments that you must make, based on the information you provided in your previous income tax returns;
- the dates you made your payments.
For more information, consult the brochure Instalment Payments of Income Tax (IN-105-V).