RQConf_PartnerLoginUrl RQConf_CheckUrl

The Charter of the French language and its regulations govern the consultation of English-language content.

Buying a Property (House or Residential Complex)

You may be entitled to a tax credit if:

  • you or your spouse bought a qualifying home for the first time and you intend to make it your principal residence; or
  • you bought a qualifying home and intend to make it the principal residence of a disabled person who is related to you.

For more information, click Home Buyers' Tax Credit.

GST and QST rebate

You may be entitled to a GST and QST rebate if:

  • you purchase a new or substantially renovated residential unit from a builder; or
  • you built a residential unit or hired someone to do so.

In both cases, you or a person related to you must be the first occupant of the residential unit.

For all the eligibility requirements, click GST and QST Rebate for Owners of New or Substantially Renovated Housing.  

Notice of disclosure for a municipality and special duties

If you purchased an immovable (immovable property) or received one through a transfer and either of the following cases apply, you must file a notice of disclosure with the municipality where the immovable is located:

  • the deed proving the transfer of the immovable will not be registered in the land register by the 90th day after the date of the transfer;
  • one or more of the conditions for exemption from paying transfer duties ceases to be met within 24 months following the date of the transfer.

If you do not file the notice of disclosure, you may have to pay special duties. Click Transfer of an Immovable (Special Duties) to learn more.

Note End of note

One mission. Concrete actions.

Read all about how we work to support and inform you. Our vision and values guide us as we carry out our role.

Veuillez patienter