Purchase, Sale, Rental or Renovation of a House
Specific tax obligations apply when you buy, sell, rent or renovate a house. You may also be entitled to certain tax benefits.
- Designation of Property as a Principal Residence
- Change in Use of a Principal Residence or Income-Producing Property
Click Consumption Tax Rebates to learn more about how the GST and QST apply when you:
- rent out a residential building;
- buy or sell a new residential building; or
- make major renovations to a residential building.
See the Tax Credits section for information about the tax credits you may be entitled to when renovating a house.