You Purchased New or Substantially Renovated Residential Rental Property
For you to be entitled to a partial rebate of the GST and QST paid on the purchase of new or substantially renovated residential rental property, all the following conditions must be met:
- The residential rental property and the land on which it stands were acquired at the same time, from the same builder and under the same contract.
- The residential rental property contains at least one qualifying residential unit.
- The fair market value (FMV) of each qualifying residential unit is not more than
- $450,000 for GST purposes; and
- $225,000 for QST purposes.
Note that in the case of a duplex, the FMV limit applies to the total of the two units.