RRSP or PRPP/VRSP Deduction

In your income tax return, you can deduct an amount (equal to the amount on line 208 of your federal income tax return) for contributions you made to your or your spouse's RRSP or pooled registered pension plan (PRPP), including a voluntary retirement savings plan (VRSP).

For more information, see the instructions for line 214 in the guide to the income tax return (TP-1.G-V).

Amounts transferred to an RRSP or to a PRPP/VRSP

If the amount on line 208 of your federal income tax return includes amounts deducted as a transfer, do not take such transfers into account on line 214. Enter them on line 250 instead.

Repayment of amounts withdrawn from an RRSP under the Home Buyers' Plan (HBP) or the Lifelong Learning Plan (LLP)

If you made RRSP or PRPP/VRSP contributions during the period from January 1, 2017, to March 1, 2018, and withdrew amounts from an RRSP before that period under the HBP or the LLP, you can designate an amount as a repayment on line 212.

Note that the amount you designate must not have been deducted on line 214 or 250 of your 2016 or 2017 return.

Fair. For all.

One vision. Concrete actions.

Read all about how we work to support and inform you. Our vision and values guide us as we carry out our role.

Veuillez patienter