Independent Living Tax Credit for Seniors
You may be entitled to this refundable tax credit if, for the year covered by the claim, you met the following requirements:
- You were a resident of Québec on December 31.
- You were 70 or older on December 31.
- You incurred expenses for either or both of the following:
- the purchase, lease and installation of equipment or fixtures used to continue living independently in your place of residence
- a stay in a functional rehabilitation transition unit
These expenses must have been paid by you or your spouse.
For more information, see point 24 in the instructions for line 462 in the guide to the income tax return (TP-1.G-V).