Do You Have to Report Income Earned Outside Québec?

Your residency status
If you were no longer resident in Québec on December 31, or if you were resident in Québec on that date but were not resident in Canada for the entire year, special rules apply.

You must report your income from all sources for that year. On your tax return, you must report all income earned outside Québec (both elsewhere in Canada and outside the country). Such income includes the following:

  • employment income 
  • business income 
  • property income (e.g., rent and interest income) 
  • retirement income
  • Employment Insurance benefits

Thus, if you worked outside Québec during the year, you must report the income you earned outside the province.

Fair. For all.

One vision. Concrete actions.

Read all about how we work to support and inform you. Our vision and values guide us as we carry out our role.

Veuillez patienter