Person Granting an Authorization or Power of Attorney

You can give someone permission to represent you by granting them an authorization or power of attorney.

With an authorization, the person can view confidential information and documents we have on file for you.

With a power of attorney, the person can not only view confidential information and documents, but also act on your behalf. For example, they can negotiate with us on your behalf or ask that changes be made to your tax file.

Granting an authorization or power of attorney

You can to appoint someone (like a spouse, friend, family member or professional representative) as your representative by:

  • using the online service for granting an authorization or power of attorney in My Account for individuals;
  • sending us form MR-69-V, Authorization to Communication Information or Power of Attorney, or a handwritten letter granting an authorization or power or attorney.

Note that an individual can also act on someone else's behalf in the following situations:

  • The individual has  one of the following legal documents:
    • a succession document
    • a notarial act
    • a homologated incapacity mandate
  • The individual acts under the legal mechanism known as protective supervision.

Authorizations and powers of attorney are valid indefinitely, unless you specify an end date.

You can view authorizations and powers of attorney you have granted in My Account.


To see how to cancel an authorization or power of attorney, click Authorization to Communicate Confidential Information, Power of Attorney, and Revocation.

End of note

One mission. Concrete actions.

Read all about how we work to support and inform you. Our vision and values guide us as we carry out our role.

Veuillez patienter