Claiming the Tax Credit for the Restoration of a Secondary Residence

To claim the tax credit for the restoration of a secondary residence:

  • Complete form TP-1029.RE-V, Tax Credit for the Restoration of a Secondary Residence.
  • Enclose form TP-1029.RE-V with your income tax return.
  • Send everything to us before the set deadline.

If the eligible residence is located in a condominium, eligible expenses include any expense incurred by the syndicate of co-owners, up to the amount of your unit's share of the expense.

In such a case, the syndicate of co-owners must give you a completed copy of form TP-1029.RE.D-V, Information Return – Tax Credit for the Restoration of a Secondary Residence, that describes the work carried out and lists your unit's share of that expense.

Required documents

You may be required to submit the following documents:

  • a certificate from the municipality where the residence is located, confirming that the subjacent land was hit by flooding that occurred in a region covered by the Program;
  • the damage assessment report (if the application is for the repair component);
  • the contractor's breakdown of expenses (if applicable); and
  • receipts and documents substantiating the payment of expenses.

If your application concerns recognized post-disaster clean-up and preservation work and repair work, or if not all the work is recognized work, the contractor must give you a written statement showing the breakdown of the cost of goods and services supplied by the contractor for the different types of work carried out.

Fair. For all.

One vision. Concrete actions.

Read all about how we work to support and inform you. Our vision and values guide us as we carry out our role.

Veuillez patienter