You Live in a Private Seniors' Residence – Tax Credit for Home-Support Services for Seniors

If you live in a private seniors' residence, you can claim the tax credit for certain expenses incurred for home-support services.

The term private seniors' residence refers to private residential and long-term care centres (CHSLDs) that are not under agreement (not publicly funded).

It is important to determine whether you live in an apartment in a private seniors' residence or in an apartment building. If you are not sure, ask the owner of the building.

The following establishments are not private seniors' residences:

  • a facility maintained by a public institution or a (publicly funded) private institution that operates a hospital centre, a CHSLD or a rehabilitation centre
  • a building or residential facility where the services of a family-type resource or an intermediate resource are offered
  • a facility maintained by a hospital centre or a reception centre for Cree Native persons
  • a building or residential facility where the services of a foster family are offered for Cree Native persons

One mission. Concrete actions.

Read all about how we work to support and inform you. Our vision and values guide us as we carry out our role.

Veuillez patienter