You Live in a Health Establishment – Tax Credit for Home-Support Services for Seniors
If you live in a health establishment, you can claim the tax credit for certain expenses incurred to obtain home-support services.
A health establishment is an establishment that is part of or affiliated with the health and social services network, which includes:
- public residential and long-term care centres (CHSLDs)
- private, publicly funded CHSLDs
- rehabilitation centres
- buildings or residential facilities where the services of a family-type resource or an intermediate resource are offered
- facilities maintained by a hospital centre or a reception centre for Cree Native persons
- buildings or residential facilities where the services of a foster family are offered for Cree Native persons
A private residential and long-term care centre (CHSLD) that is not under agreement (not publicly funded) is not considered a health establishment. If you live in such an establishment, go to You Live in a Private Seniors' Residence.