Application for Advance Payments of the Tax Credit for Childcare Expenses
You can apply for advance payments of the tax credit for childcare expenses online or by mail.
You must apply for advance payments for a given year by October 15 of that year.
To apply online, use the Apply for Advance Payments of the Tax Credit for Childcare Expenses service.
To apply by mail, you must:
- complete form TPZ-1029.8.F-V, Tax Credit for Childcare Expenses: Application for Advance Payments
- complete form TPZ-1029.8.F.A-V, Childcare Expenses Qualifying for the Tax Credit: Fees and Number of Days of Care for 2018
- mail both forms to us, along with the required documents, at one of the following addresses:
C. P. 6300, succursale Place-Desjardins
Montréal (Québec) H5B 0A6
3800, rue de Marly
C. P. 25200, succursale Terminus
Québec (Québec) G1A 0A2
Enclose the appropriate documents below with your application.
- A photocopy of the birth certificate issued by the Directeur de l'état civil for a designated dependant born after December 31, 2016, or the attestation of birth issued by the hospital where the dependant was born
- One or more documents supporting your or your spouse's situation (for example, a pay slip, confirmation of a research grant, or a document attesting to the operation of a business, an active employment search, enrolment in an educational program or the receipt of parental insurance benefits)
- As a rule, we determine the amount of the advance payments to which you may be entitled within 45 days of receiving your application.
- You must be registered for direct deposit in order to receive advance payments.