Tax Credit for Caregivers Housing an Eligible Relative

You can claim a refundable tax credit for each eligible relative housed by you in a dwelling provided you or your spouse owned, rented or sublet the dwelling.

The eligible relative in question must not own, rent or sublet your dwelling.

Eligible relative housed by more than one person

If the eligible relative has a severe and prolonged impairment in mental or physical functions, he or she can be housed by both you and another relative.

In this case, you may have to share the credit with the other caregiver.

For more information, see point 2 in the instructions for line 462 in the guide to the income tax return (TP-1.G-V).

Fair. For all.

One vision. Concrete actions.

Read all about how we work to support and inform you. Our vision and values guide us as we carry out our role.

Veuillez patienter