My Account for individuals
My Account is a personalized space where you can fulfill your tax obligations online in a secure and confidential setting. You can manage your tax file (for example, the solidarity tax credit, the tax credit for childcare expenses and the support-payment collection program) in My Account.
With My Account, everyone has his or her own space at Revenu Québec.
- Consult Tax Data
- Designate Property as a Principal Residence
- File an Income Tax return Online
- Request a Reduction in Source Deductions of Income Tax
- Request the Carry-Back of a Deduction
- Request to Change Income Tax Return Information
- View Notices of Assessment and Confirmations of Accelerated Refunds
- View Your Income Tax Return Information for Previous Years
- View Your Income Tax Return Information for the Current year
- View Your Tax Preparer Download Code
- Change Address
- Change Communication Preferences
- Change Email Address
- Change Language of Communication and Phone and Fax Numbers
- View Profile
- Change Direct Deposit Information
- Pay Online
- Propose a Pre-Authorized Debit Payment Agreement
- Register for Direct Deposit
- Request a Remittance Slip for Instalment Payments
- View a Collection File
- View a Pre-Authorized Debit Payment Agreement File
- View a Statement of Account
- View Direct Deposit Information
- View Your Instalment Payment Information
- Apply for Advance Payments of the Tax Credit for Childcare Expenses
- Apply for Advance Payments of The Tax Credit for Home-Support Services for Seniors
- Apply for Advance Payments of the Work Premium
- Apply for Registration (Program for Administering the Fuel Tax Exemption for Indians)
- Change Advance Payment Information: Tax Credit for Childcare Expenses
- Request a Change to Registration Information or the Replacement of an Attestation d'inscription (Program for Administering the Fuel Tax Exemption for Indians)
- View a Shelter Allowance File
- View a Solidarity Tax Credit File
- View Advance Payment Files: Supplement to the Work Premium
- View Advance Payment Files: Work Premium or Tax Credit for Childcare Expenses
- View Advance Payment Information : Tax Credit for Home-Support Services for Seniors
- Change Direct Deposit Information for Support Payments
- Register for Direct Deposit of Support Payments
- View a Support-Payment File
- View Direct Deposit Information for Support Payments
- Grant an Authorization or a Power of Attorney
- View or Revoke an Authorization or a Power of Attorney
- Claim a Financial Asset as an Owner
- View the Processing Status of a Financial Asset Claim
- Send a Secure Email
- View Messages
If you are authenticating your identity through a Sign-In Partner for the first time, or if you would like to create a clicSÉQUR account, you must provide the following information:
- your social insurance number;
- your date of birth;
- the notice number shown on a notice of assessment issued to you for the last two taxation years.
To register for My Account, you must first choose one of the following two authentication services.
Authentication service of a Sign-In Partner (your financial institution)
To access My Account through a Sign-In Partner, select your financial institution on the SecureKey (SK) access page (SecureKey serves as an independent intermediary between financial institutions and My Account). Next, enter the same information as when you access your online banking services.
Your financial or banking information will not be disclosed to us, and the Sign-In Partner will not know which government service you are accessing.
clicSÉQUR (Québec government's authentication service)
To access clicSÉQUR – Citoyens if you already have an account, enter your user code and password. You do not have to create a new clicSÉQUR account to access My Account.
If you do not have a clicSÉQUR account, you must provide personal information, including the information listed above.
If you forget your user code or password, you must follow the steps to authenticate your identity again.
Once you have authenticated your identity, follow the instructions to register for My Account.
To complete the registration process, you must accept the conditions for use for My Account for individuals.
The individual's responsibilities
Online transactions conducted by means of an identifier and password have all the legal effect of transactions carried out in accordance with instructions given in writing and signed by the individual.
Communication with individuals
Revenu Québec provides a special mailbox in My Account for each person with an identifier and places in the box messages related to the laws, programs, agreements or treaties administered, applied or enforced by Revenu Québec. The mailbox is the user's active address where Revenu Québec will place communications.
Users can access the mailbox and retrieve their messages only during secure transactions initiated by entering their identifier and password.
Confidentiality of information
Revenu Québec protects the confidentiality of the data transmitted, and maintains security measures in accordance with its legal obligations in this area.
All transaction data transmitted to Revenu Québec is stored in its data banks and constitutes proof of the transaction in the same way a paper document would.
The Internet transaction data also includes a record of accesses to My Account.
Changes in conditions for use
Revenu Québec may modify the conditions governing the use of My Account at any time, without prior notice, by posting the new conditions on its website. Users agree to consult the site periodically. By continuing to use My Account, users indicate that they accept the changes made by Revenu Québec.
Access to My Account
Access to My Account is not subject to a time limit.
Revenu Québec may suspend or revoke access to My Account at any time and without notice. Access to My Account may therefore be denied at any time, as when there is reason to believe that not all conditions for use have been met or a fiscal law has been violated.
Revenu Québec can also suspend or revoke My Account access if the service remains unused for too long.
Revenu Québec may cancel My Account access where an event (bankruptcy, owner's death, etc.) changes the conditions under which the user was registered. Users may cancel their My Account access at any time.
Availability of My Account online services
Revenu Québec reserves the right to temporarily change or interrupt all or a portion of a My Account online service at any time, without advance notice to the user.
Revenu Québec reserves the right to permanently change or interrupt all or a portion of a My Account online service, after giving advance notice to the user.
Links to other websites
Revenu Québec's website provides links to other sites. This access does not mean that Revenu Québec approves the content of the sites in question or any connecting sites (relating to products, services or equipment, for example).
Any dispute that may arise regarding an application for registration for My Account or the conditions for use of My Account is governed by Québec legislation. The user acknowledges the jurisdiction and exclusive competence of the courts of Québec in this respect.