Accelerated Refunds

You can ask to receive your refund even before your return is processed. However, the amount of your refund may change further to the review of your return.

You can request an accelerated refund if you meet all of the following conditions:

  • You are claiming a refund of $3,000 or less (line 474).
  • You filed an income tax return for the 2016 taxation year.
  • There has been no change to your name or social insurance number since you filed your 2016 return.
  • You do not have any outstanding debts with us or any other government body.
  • You do not have any outstanding debts under the Act to facilitate the payment of support.
  • You did not declare bankruptcy after 2016.
  • You did not file a proposal in bankruptcy or a consumer proposal after 2016.
  • You are not entering an amount on line 476 of your return.
  • You are filing your 2017 return before May 1, 2018 (or before June 16, 2018, if you or your spouse is reporting business income).

Note that we can refuse to grant an accelerated refund.

If you receive an accelerated refund and, after a review of your return, we issue a notice of assessment indicating a balance due, you may be required to pay interest on the balance.

Also, if you authorized us to share information about you with other government departments or agencies for the purposes of certain assistance programs (such as financial assistance for students or for childcare), it may take us longer to do so.

If you have chosen to receive notices electronically instead of by mail, you can use the View Notices of Assessment and Confirmations of Accelerated Refunds online service to find out the amount of your accelerated refund and view your notice of assessment.

Fair. For all.

One vision. Concrete actions.

Read all about how we work to support and inform you. Our vision and values guide us as we carry out our role.

Veuillez patienter