Balance Due

You must pay the balance of your income tax due by April 30. We will charge you interest as of May 1 on any amount owing on that date.


You are not required to pay a balance of less than $2.

For information about late-filing penalties, penalties for failure to file and payment agreements, see Penalties and Interest.

Payment methods

There are three methods for paying a balance of income tax due:

Paying by mail
  • You can mail us a cheque or money order payable to the Minister of Revenue of Québec. Be sure to sign it and date it for 2019. Do not write “Final Payment” on it.
  • Complete the remittance slip and mail it to us with your cheque or money order. You can also attach the slip and your cheque or money order to page 1 of your return. If you used commercial software to file your income tax return, you can use it to print a remittance slip. If you do not have a remittance slip (because you lost it, for example), you can order one (TPZ-1026.0.1.M-V or TPZ-1026.0.1.Q-V) using the Ordering Forms and Publications online service or by contacting us.
  • If you are filing your return using our paper forms and are attaching a cheque, send your documents to one of the address on the Filing Your Income Tax Return by Mail page.
  • If you are filing your return using our paper forms and are not attaching a cheque, send the cheque and remittance slip to one of the addresses on the 479 – Balance Due page.
  • If you are filing your return using software, send the documents to one of the addresses in document IN-413.A-V, Information for Software Users: Personal Income Tax Return.
  • The remittance slip that you can print with commercial software can only be used to pay your balance by mail. It cannot be used to pay your balance in person at a financial institution.
  • If your financial institution refuses to honour your cheque because there are insufficient funds in your account, a $35 fee will be added to your debt. The fee is payable as of the date your payment was refused and bears interest as of that date.

If you are unable to pay the full balance shown on your notice of assessment in a single payment, you can make a pre-authorized debit (PAD) payment agreement proposal using the online services in My Account for individuals or contact us.

Fair. For all.

One vision. Concrete actions.

Read all about how we work to support and inform you. Our vision and values guide us as we carry out our role.

Veuillez patienter