You must pay the balance of your income tax due by April 30. We will charge you interest as of May 1 on any amount owing on that date.
You are not required to pay a balance of less than $2.
For information about late-filing penalties, penalties for failure to file and payment agreements, see Penalties and Interest.
There are three methods for paying a balance of income tax due:
- You can mail us a cheque or money order payable to the Minister of Revenue of Québec. Be sure to sign the cheque or money order and date it for 2018. Do not write “Final Payment” on the back.
- Complete the remittance slip enclosed with your notice of assessment and mail it to us with your cheque or money order. If you used commercial software to file your income tax return, you can use the software to print a remittance slip. If you do not have a remittance slip, you can order one by calling us or by using the Ordering Forms and Publications online service.
- Mail the remittance slip (including your payment and your income tax return, if applicable) to one of the following addresses:
Québec City Revenu Québec
3800, rue de Marly
Québec (Québec) G1X 4A5
Montréal Revenu Québec
C. P. 3000, succursale Place-Desjardins
Montréal (Québec) H5B 1A4
- The remittance slip that you can print with commercial software can only be used to pay your balance by mail. It cannot be used to pay your balance in person at a financial institution.
- If your financial institution refuses to honour your cheque because there are insufficient funds in your account, a $35 fee will be added to your debt. The fee is payable as of the date your payment was refused and bears interest as of that date.