391 – Tax credit for workers 64 or older
You can claim this tax credit if you meet both of the following conditions:
- You were resident in Québec on December 31, 2017.
- You were 63 or older on December 31, 2017.
To calculate your tax credit, complete Work Chart 391. The maximum tax credit is:
- $600 if you were 63 on December 31, 2017;
- $900 if you were 64 on December 31, 2017; or
- $1,200, if you were 65 or older on December 31, 2017.
You cannot claim this tax credit if your eligible work income is $5,000 or less.
Reduction based on your eligible work income
If your eligible work income is over $33,755, the tax credit is reduced by 5% of the amount over $33,755. However, the reduction does not apply if you were born before January 1, 1951, and the amount of your tax credit is $601.60 or less.