290 – Net capital losses from other years

If you are reporting a taxable capital gain on line 139, you can deduct the net capital losses you sustained before 2018 on the disposition (sale, transfer, gift, bequest, etc.) of property other than personal-use property or precious property, provided you did not deduct them in a previous year. To claim the deduction, complete form TP-729-V, Carry-Forward of Net Capital Losses, and enclose it with your return.

If you are deducting net capital losses from other years, see point 9 in the instructions for line 276 and complete Schedule N.

Fair. For all.

One vision. Concrete actions.

Read all about how we work to support and inform you. Our vision and values guide us as we carry out our role.

Veuillez patienter