RL-2 Slip – Retirement and Annuity Income
The RL-2 slip (see courtesy translation RL-2-T) is used primarily to report the following:
- retirement income and annuity income paid during a given year to a person resident in Québec on December 31 of that year or to a person resident in Québec immediately before ceasing to be resident in Canada during the year
- amounts paid during a year to the surviving spouse and to the recipient of the property further to the death of an annuitant
- Québec income tax withheld from certain amounts
- the total amount paid to an annuitant of a registered retirement savings plan (RRSP) under the Home Buyers' Plan (HBP) or Lifelong Learning Plan (LLP)
- the contributions (or premiums) that a retired employee paid to a private health services plan
- the total amount of charitable donations collected during the year
Note that certain income and certain amounts transferred directly to another plan or fund are not to be reported on an RL-2 slip. For more information, see Amounts Not to Be Reported on the RL-2 Slip.
To find out whether you must file an RL-2 slip, see Persons Required to File the RL-2 Slip.