Indemnities Further to an Industrial Accident (CNESST)


This page is currently being updated. Please refer to the 2019-01 version of the Guide for Employers: Source Deductions and Contributions (TP-1015.G-V).

If an employee is a victim of an industrial accident, you may be required to pay certain amounts to compensate the employee for lost salary or wages.

As a rule, you cannot change how amounts paid before the decision of the Commission des normes, de l'équité, de la santé et de la sécurité du travail (CNESST) are treated or modify your payroll records for the current year to designate the amounts paid as income replacement indemnities. As a result, you cannot retroactively change the remuneration paid in the current year (or in a previous year) or modify RL-1 slips filed for a previous year. Furthermore, you cannot recover your employer contributions.

Source deductions and employer contributions

For a summary of how the amounts paid further to an industrial accident are to be treated and a list of source deductions and employer contributions to which those amounts are subject, click Amounts Paid Before the CNESST Makes Its Decision, Amounts Paid Following the Decision of the CNESST and Amounts Paid for an Employee's Care or Rehabilitation.

If, as an employer, you operate a railway transport or shipping business, click Amounts Paid by an Employer Operating a Railway Transport or Shipping Business.

Fair. For all.

One vision. Concrete actions.

Read all about how we work to support and inform you. Our vision and values guide us as we carry out our role.

Veuillez patienter