RQConf_PartnerLoginUrl RQConf_CheckUrl

The Charter of the French language and its regulations govern the consultation of English-language content.

Indemnities Further to an Industrial Accident (CNESST)

If an employee is a victim of an industrial accident, you may be required to pay certain amounts to compensate the employee for lost salary or wages.

As a rule, you cannot change how amounts paid before the decision of the Commission des normes, de l'équité, de la santé et de la sécurité du travail (CNESST) are treated or modify your payroll records for the current year to designate the amounts paid as income replacement indemnities. As a result, you cannot retroactively change the remuneration paid in the current year (or in a previous year) or modify RL-1 slips filed for a previous year. Furthermore, you cannot recover your employer contributions.

Remuneration subject to source deductions and contributions

To see whether the remuneration you are paying further to an industrial accident is subject to source deductions and employer contributions, refer to Appendix 1 of the Guide for Employers: Source Deductions and Contributions (TP-1015.G-V).

End of note
Note End of note

One mission. Concrete actions.

Read all about how we work to support and inform you. Our vision and values guide us as we carry out our role.

Veuillez patienter