Source Deductions and Employer Contributions – Tax Credit for the Reporting of Tips
You may be entitled to a tax credit for the following indemnities and contributions:
- the employer contributions you paid to the Québec and federal governments on tips;
- vacation pay calculated on tips and the employer contributions paid on it; and
- indemnities calculated on tips and attributable to statutory holidays, leave for family events (birth, marriage, adoption or death) and leave taken to fulfill family obligations or for health reasons.
To learn more or find out how to calculate the tax credit, refer to the applicable form:
- form TP-1029.8.33.13-V, Tax Credit for the Reporting of Tips, if your business is operated by a sole proprietor or if your business is a partnership and the tax credit is being claimed by an individual who is a member of the partnership; or
- form CO-1029.8.33.13, Crédit d'impôt relatif à la déclaration des pourboires (see courtesy translation CO-1029.8.33.13-T) if your business is a corporation or if your business is a partnership and the tax credit is being claimed by a corporation that is a member of the partnership.
Form TP-1029.8.33.13-V or CO-1029.8.33.13 must be enclosed with the personal income tax return (form TP-1-V), form CO-17, Déclaration de revenus des sociétés (see courtesy translation CO-17-T) or the Trust Income Tax Return (form TP-646-V).