Employee Temporarily Posted to a Country That Has a Social Security Agreement

Québec has social security agreements with a number of countries. Under these agreements, certain employees who are temporarily posted to a foreign country can continue to pay contributions in their country of origin and do not have to pay contributions in the country to which they are posted. The agreements apply to employees who are temporarily posted outside Canada and to foreign employees who are temporarily posted to Québec.

Certificate of coverage

To take advantage of international social security agreements, you must get a certificate of coverage from the Bureau des ententes de sécurité sociale of Retraite Québec.

With the certificate, you will be able to make certain social security contributions (such as Québec Pension Plan (QPP) contributions and contributions to the health services fund) only to Québec.

One mission. Concrete actions.

Read all about how we work to support and inform you. Our vision and values guide us as we carry out our role.

Veuillez patienter