RL-22 Slip – Box A
In box A of the RL-22 slip (see courtesy translation RL-22-T), enter the total value of the individual's coverage under a personal insurance plan (not including coverage for total or partial loss of business, office-related or employment income).
The coverage must have been provided (in whole or part) by reason of the individual's
- office or employment (past, present or intended); or
- operation of a business, as a sole proprietor or as a member of a partnership
- Even if no premiums were paid with respect to the individual for the taxation year, indicate the value of all of the individual's types of coverage that year.
- Enter “0” in box A if the individual was not covered by the insurance plan but the employer paid premiums for him or her for the taxation year.
To calculate the value of the individual's total coverage (all types) under a personal insurance plan,
- determine the value of his or her coverage under the private health services plan, and
- add the value of the other types of coverage under a multi-employer insurance plan, such as the coverage provided by the following insurance options:
- life insurance
- insurance covering accidental death
- accident insurance covering bodily injury
Enter the value of the individual's coverage under the private health services plan in box B and also include it in the amount in box A.