Identification Information to Enter on the RL-2 Slip
Last name, first name and last known address
Enter in the space on the RL-2 slip (see courtesy translation RL-2-T) marked “Nom de famille, prénom et adresse du bénéficiaire” the beneficiary's last name, first name and last known address (in full, including the postal code).
Social insurance number
Enter the beneficiary's social insurance number.
Individuals must provide their social insurance number to any person required to file an RL slip in their name.
Individuals who do not have a number must contact Service Canada to obtain one.
Failure to indicate an individual's social insurance number may result in a penalty for both the individual and the person required to complete the RL slip.
RL slip filed in the name of the qualifying survivor, including the surviving spouse, following the death of an annuitant
Enter the last name, first name and last known address of the qualifying survivor, including a surviving spouse, if you are filing an RL-2 slip to report amounts paid following the death of the annuitant. Such amounts include the following:
- an annuity paid to the surviving spouse designated as the successor annuitant of one of the following:
- an annuity paid to the surviving spouse under an advanced life deferred annuity (ALDA) contract;
- a designated benefit paid to the surviving spouse;
- a refund of premiums paid to the surviving spouse;
- an amount paid to a qualifying survivor under a PRPP;
- an amount paid to a qualifying survivor under a VRSP;
- an amount paid to a qualifying survivor under an ALDA contract.
RL slip filed in the name of a succession for a death benefit under the QPP
Enter the name and last known address of the succession if you are filing an RL-2 slip to report the payment of a death benefit under the Québec Pension Plan (QPP), even if the benefit was paid to a person who paid the annuitant's funeral expenses but was not an heir. In addition to the name of the succession, the RL-2 slip may also indicate the name of the beneficiary of the cheque.