Box B – Death of the Annuitant of a VRSP: Amount Paid to the Qualifying Survivor
If the qualifying survivor of a voluntary retirement savings plan (VRSP) annuitant is named the beneficiary of all the property held in a VRSP, include in box B of the RL-2 slip (see courtesy translation RL-2-T) the total amount of the payments made to the qualifying survivor, other than single payments to the surviving spouse that were transferred, in the name of the surviving spouse, directly to any of the following:
- another VRSP;
- a licensed annuities provider for the acquisition of an eligible annuity;
- a registered pension plan (RPP);
- a pooled registered pension plan (PRPP);
- a registered retirement savings plan (RRSP);
- a registered retirement income fund (RRIF).
If the qualifying survivor is not named the beneficiary of all the property held in a VRSP, see Box K – Death of a VRSP Annuitant.