Box B – Death of the Annuitant of a PRPP: Amount Paid to the Qualifying Survivor
If the qualifying survivor of a pooled registered pension plan (PRPP) annuitant is named the beneficiary of all or a portion of the property held in a PRPP, include in box B of the RL-2 slip (see courtesy translation RL-2-T) the total amount of the payments made to the qualifying survivor, other than single payments to the surviving spouse that were transferred, in the name of the surviving spouse, directly to any of the following:
- another PRPP;
- a licensed annuities provider for the acquisition of an eligible annuity;
- a registered pension plan (RPP);
- a voluntary retirement savings plan (VRSP);
- a registered retirement savings plan (RRSP);
- a registered retirement income fund (RRIF).
If the qualifying survivor is not named the beneficiary of all the property held in a PRPP, see Box K – Death of a PRPP Annuitant.