Box B – Payments Under an RRSP, a RRIF, a DPSP, a PRPP, a VRSP or Annuities
In box B of the RL-2 slip (see courtesy translation RL-2-T), you must, under certain circumstances, enter the following amounts:
- payments under a registered retirement income fund (RRIF);
- payments under a deferred profit-sharing plan (DPSP);
- payments under a pooled registered pension plan (PRPP);
- payments under a registered retirement savings plan (RRSP);
- payments under a voluntary retirement savings plan (VRSP);
- payments under an income-averaging annuity contract;
- annuity payments resulting from a refund of premiums, a designated benefit, the commutation of an annuity, or an amount in excess of the minimum amount;
- payments under an advanced life deferred annuity (ALDA) contract.
You must also enter:
- payments of annuities acquired with a payment made under a plan or fund;
- the portion of ordinary annuities that constitutes income.