Configuring Required Equipment
To use a certified sales recording system (SRS), you must obtain a mandatory billing file number by asking us to open your taxi business operator file in one of the following ways:
- Use the online service for managing your remunerated passenger transportation file found under Other Tax Obligations in My Account for businesses.
- Complete the Application to Open or Close an Operator File (TR-350.61-V).
- Use the Register for the GST/HST and QST – Drivers for a Transportation System Operator Under Agreement online service, if you are not already registered for the GST/HST and QST and you want to become a driver for a transportation system operator under agreement such as Uber or Eva.
Your authorization code is confidential. You are responsible for its use and must keep it in a secure location.
Configuring your equipment allows you to:
- implement the necessary security measures to protect the confidential information shared online between the SRS and our systems;
- identify the SRS and user for each transaction sent to us.
You will need the following information before you configure your equipment:
- your business name;
- the user's first and last name or the name of your taxi business;
- the mandatory billing file number of your taxi business;
- the QST registration number of your taxi business (e.g. 1234567890TQ0001);
- the GST registration number of your taxi business (e.g. 123456789RT0001);
- your authorization code;
- the name you want to give the digital certificate in the service for managing your file in My Account for businesses (e.g. SRS Certificate ABC);
- the province (QC) and country (CA) abbreviation for your taxi business's address;
- the coordinated universal time (UTC) for your taxi business's address (e.g. -05:00 or -04:00 for the Îles-de-la-Madeleine).