Configuring Required Equipment
To use a certified sales recording system (SRS), you must obtain a mandatory billing file number by asking us to open your taxi business operator file in one of the following ways:
- Use the online service for managing your remunerated passenger transportation file found under Other Tax Obligations in My Account for businesses.
- Complete the Application to Open or Close an Operator File (TR-350.61-V).
- Use the Register for the GST/HST and QST – Drivers for a Transportation System Operator Under Agreement online service, if you are not already registered for the GST/HST and QST and you want to become a driver for a transportation system operator under agreement such as Uber or Eva.
Once you have received your file number, we will send you an authorization code so that you can configure your SRS and obtain a digital certificate.
Your authorization code is confidential. You are responsible for its use and must keep it in a secure location.
Configuring your equipment allows you to:
- implement the necessary security measures to protect the confidential information shared online between the SRS and our systems;
- identify the SRS and user for each transaction sent to us.
Required information to configure your equipment
You will need the following information before you configure your equipment:
- your business name;
- the user's first and last name or the name of your taxi business;
- the mandatory billing file number of your taxi business;
- the QST registration number of your taxi business (e.g. 1234567890TQ0001);
- the GST registration number of your taxi business (e.g. 123456789RT0001);
- your authorization code;
- the name you want to give the digital certificate in the service for managing your file in My Account for businesses (e.g. SRS Certificate ABC);
- the province (QC) and country (CA) abbreviation for your taxi business's address;
- the coordinated universal time (UTC) for your taxi business's address (e.g. -05:00 or -04:00 for the Îles-de-la-Madeleine).