Licence Renewal and Grace Period

Licence renewal

Your licence and decals need to be renewed every year. If you operated outside Québec during the period from October to June, we will send you an Application for Licence and Decal Renewal (form CAZ-500-V) in mid-November.

You must send us the duly completed renewal application and the accompanying payment by December 31. If your file is in order, that is, if you have filed all the required quarterly returns and have no balance owing, we will mail you your licence and decals for the new year.

If your file was not in order on December 31, you must settle your file. You must also obtain certificates for occasional trips, which you must carry with you on trips until you receive your licence and decals by mail.

Grace period

If you have not received your new licence and decals by the start of the new year but you filed your renewal application by December 31 and your file is in order, you will be allowed a grace period. You will therefore be able to operate in member jurisdictions during the first two months (January and February) of the new year using your current licence and decals. This will allow you ample time to receive your new licence, place a copy of it in each of your vehicles and affix your new decals.

Click International Fuel Tax Association, Inc. for more information.

Fair. For all.

One vision. Concrete actions.

Read all about how we work to support and inform you. Our vision and values guide us as we carry out our role.

Veuillez patienter